GREAT SAFETY LEADS TO BETTER FUTURES
Alcon Marepha (Pty) Ltd is a leading South African manufacturer, distributor and exporter of round wire concentric lay bare overhead electrical stranded conductors, manufactured to internationally recognised standards.
We have attained market leadership through:
- The supply of superior quality products;
- Alerting ourselves to the changing needs of our clients;
- Being alert and making use of any new innovative technologies that arise; and
- By observing international trade conditions.
The foundation of this policy, and it’s related objectives, set the framework for an effective Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality management system. This is established, measured and maintained against the appropriate international standards.
The management team of Alcon Marepha (Pty) Ltd recognises that the long-term success of our operation, and thus is an integral part of our business, depends largely upon the sustainable use of natural resources, the health and safety of our employees, as well as continued client service.
• To supply products and services that meet or exceed our client expectations and requirements.
• To comply with legal, the international standard, and other requirements which relate to:
– Our management systems,
– Our product,
– The environment, and
– The occupational health and safety of our employees.
• To the continual improvement of our products and services.
• To identify, eliminate and/or mitigate all risk throughout the company.
• To the prevention of pollution.
• To the recycling of materials, which reduces much of the waste of our product being sent to landfill.
• To the efficient use of energy.
• To develop value in our employees by building priority skills and aiding them to perform competently within their roles.
• To mitigate any injury or ill health to all our employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
Management endeavours to ensure that the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Policy, its related objectives and targets are understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the organisation and shall be made available to all interested and affected parties, including to the public.
This policy shall be reviewed for its continued suitability and effectiveness at the
Management Review Meetings.
MANUFACTURING AND TEST FACILITIES
We manufacture a full range of aluminium overhead conductors to both international and national quality standards, from 7 strand conductors to 61 strand conductors. Aluminium Conductor Steel Reinforced (ACSR) are used in areas with less corrosive effects but can be greased to improve corrosion resistance.
All Aluminium Conductors (AAC) and All Aluminium Alloy Conductors (AAAC) are used in environments with aggressive corrosion. The AAAC conductors are used where longer spans are needed as their tensile strength is higher than that of the AAC conductors, however the carrying capacity of electrical currant of the AAC conductor is slightly higher than that of the AAAC conductor, assuming they both have the same dimensions.
CERTIFIED TO DELIVER
We have developed and implemented a quality management system to:
• Document our best business practices;
• Better the requirements and expectations of our clients; and
• Improve the overall management of our company.
Our quality management system meets the requirements of, (and has been certified to) ISO9001, since 2001. The requirements of the standard are applied to enable us at Alcon Marepha, to consistently provide products that meet our clients’ requirements, and as such, international standards as per the SANS IEC 61089:1991.
BEST QUALITY, GUARANTEED
Our on-site laboratory is equipped to ensure that all products are continuously tested to the strictest standards. Our training staffed are proficient in the requirements of our clients and to the relevant International Standards which ensures that our product is consistently meeting clients’ expectations.
The information contained in the standard tables is based on the following conditions:
• Ambient Temperature: 30°C
• Maximum Conductor Temperature: 75°C
• Wind Speed: 0,44m/s
• Normal Stringing Temperature: 25°C
• Solar Radiation: 890 Ω/m2
• Solar Absorption Coefficiant: 1